Wayforward Specialist Support Services LTD is a new organisation which has been formed following a collaboration of like-minded individuals who are passionate about offering bespoke care services to people with a learning disability & autism.
Whilst this organisation is newly formed its group of Directors have a wealth of experience between them. The Board of Directors is made up of 3 individuals between them holding over 50 years of experience in the Health, Social Care & the Business sector.
Our aim is to help people with learning disabilities or autism; who may have behaviours that challenge or complex histories, to change their lives and follow their dreams.
We’re currently looking for support workers (day, night & bank) in the Devon area.
Your Role (Support Worker- day, night, & bank):
As a Support Worker, you’ll be helping the people we support to live the individual life they want.
You will work closely with the Service Manager, Directors and support staff to provide be-spoke person-centred support, in line with the persons individual care plans and in accordance with the organisations policies and procedures.
- Helping people learn new skills
- Helping people to live the life they choose
- Helping people celebrate their achievements they make, no matter how big or small!
- Working closely with other team members, the people we support and their families to plan and design their support. This includes assessing and managing risk.
- Supporting people with their medication.
- Helping the people we support to manage their money.
- Supporting people with their travel arrangements.
- Encouraging the people we support to find opportunities in education, employment and leisure and enabling them to take part in these opportunities.
- Helping the people we support to manage their anxieties and their behaviour’s through developing coping strategies.
- Helping, encouraging and teaching the people we support to do their housework, including cleaning and laundry.
- Supporting people with their learning and development to enable them to live safely in their community and promote the safety of others.
- Working cooperatively with colleagues, families and external parties, building trust and doing what is right for the person you support.
- You will also have to use IT systems to record information, such as, support plans, financial information and health and safety records.
As well as the above, a Support Worker is expected to:
- Be prepared to work flexibly. This could include working some weekends, waking nights or sleep-ins, if required and bank holidays. We will discuss shift patterns with you in the interview.
- Complete all required training, including our induction training and e-learning.
- Adhere to our policies and procedures and standards as published.
- Keep information about the people we support, colleagues and the company confidential.
- We want to develop you as a Support Worker, this means, we will expect you to get involved and contribute in meetings, attend training courses, seek development opportunities and work towards gaining industry recognised qualifications.
+Free DBS check.
*Why work for Wayforward?
In addition to your salary, our benefits package includes:
- A company pension scheme.
- Paid annual leave.
- Reward/recognition schemes.
- Excellent opportunities for career progression.
- Friendly Family Business.
Wayforward is a professionally led organisation having two Registered Learning Disability nurses at the helm. We provide nurse led social care, helping to promote emerging independence, utilising bespoke packages of care.
Reference ID: Wayforward Support 1
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From £9.53+ per hour
*Please use the ‘contact form’ to request an application pack.*
Teignbridge Business Centre,
Heathfield Industrial Estate,
Office Open Hours
Monday - Friday : 9am - 5pm